Non-healing wounds can be a source of pain and disability. Some wounds can be easily treated with first aid and ointments, but others can be far more serious and may need medical attention.
Wounds that do not heal within three weeks are often considered chronic. Timely detection and treatment of any wound can reduce the risk of amputation and improve your quality of life. Be aware and get the immediate care you need with St. Claire HealthCare’s Advanced Wound Care team.
Can I Benefit From Wound Care?
Age, smoking, poor dietary habits, and obesity can increase a person's risk of developing a chronic wound. Conditions such as hypertension and diabetes limit blood flow and slow the body's healing process.
Our team of specialized healthcare providers, nurses, therapists, and other medical professionals offer treatment options that are specific to your individual needs to prevent and treat non-healing wounds, such as:
- Foot or leg ulcers as a result of diabetes or poor circulation
- Surgical wounds
- Radiation therapy skin reactions
- Trauma wounds or burns
- Any other problematic non-healing wound
Advanced wound care products and treatments accelerate healing while maximizing patient comfort throughout treatment. We offer the latest therapeutic methods in wound management, such as:
- Transcutaneous oxygen and other diagnostic testing to evaluate wound healing potential
- Vascular assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Patient, family, and caregiver education
- Specialized wound dressings
- Compression and lymphedema therapy
- Topical and antibiotic therapy
- Wound vac therapy
- Growth factor therapy and skin substitute application