Nonhealing wounds can be a source of pain and disability. Some wounds can easily be treated with first aid and ointments, but some are far more serious and may need medical attention.
The St. Claire Advanced Wound Care team is dedicated to helping patients with chronic or nonhealing wounds. A team of specialized healthcare providers, nurses, therapists and other medical professionals provide personalized treatment plans using the latest therapeutic methods in wound management. Advanced wound care products and treatments accelerate healing while maximizing patient comfort throughout treatment. Ongoing patient education and support helps minimize the risk of reoccurrence.
Can I Benefit From Wound Care?
Age, smoking, poor dietary habits and obesity can increase a person's risk of developing a chronic wound. Conditions such as hypertension and diabetes limit blood flow and slow the body's healing process.
Common patients include people with:
- Foot or leg ulcers as a result of diabetes or poor circulation
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Radiation therapy skin reactions
- Trauma wounds or burns
- Any problematic wound
Patients can trust St. Claire Advanced Wound Care to provide:
- Transcutaneous oxygen and other diagnostic testing to evaluate wound healing potential
- Vascular assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Patient, family and caregiver education
- Specialized wound dressings
- Compression and lymphedema therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Topical and antibiotic therapy
- Wound vac therapy
- Growth factor therapy and skin substitute application