Center for Health, Education & Research
The Center for Health, Education & Research (often referred to as the CHER building) is a joint collaboration between St. Claire HealthCare (SCH), Morehead State University (MSU) and the University of Kentucky (UK).
The 90,000-plus-square-foot regional healthcare, education and training facility opened in 2010 and houses a variety of educational and research programs in addition to St. Claire Family Medicine – Morehead-Downtown.
St. Claire HealthCare Programs
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Program (In Cooperation with Trover/Murray State University)
- Northeast Kentucky Area Health Education Center
- St. Claire Family Medicine Residency Program
Morehead State University Programs
- Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (CT & MRI)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Leadership in Medical Imaging
- Radiologic Science
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Associate Degree
- Master's Degree (In Cooperation with UK)
University of Kentucky Programs
- College of Medicine–Rural Physician Leadership Program
- College of Pharmacy–fourth year students
- College of Dentistry–students and residents
- College of Public Health MPH Programs
- Physician Assistant Program
- Center for Excellence in Rural Health–Morehead
- Center for Clinical & Translational Science (REACH)
This wide array of educational and research programs on our campus further establishes SCH as a healthcare educational hub for the entire region.