St. Claire’s highly skilled orthopedic team is dedicated to improving patients' quality of life. Our team offers patient-specific treatment options for bone and joint pain and are dedicated to restoring motion and getting patients back to their daily activities. Our orthopedics team sees patients at the St. Claire Medical Pavilion, located off of Flemingsburg Road near the main hospital.
Sports medicine is a subspecialty of orthopedics that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries suffered during athletic activity. Participating in sports places wear-and-tear on the body, and can lead to orthopedic injuries. Athletes are susceptible to injuries that include stress fractures and chronic pain, as well as tearing or stretching of internal structures. Treatment for these conditions can involve surgery, orthotics, physical therapy and rest.
If you are experiencing any type of pain in your ankles, knees, hips, shoulders or back, you should consider seeing an orthopedic provider.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Difficulty or pain using a particular body part to perform daily functions
- Pain in muscles, tendons or joints that persists for more than a few days
- Joint pain that becomes more intense during periods of rest
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or the location of an injury
- Limited range of motion
- Joint deformity
- Signs of infection (heat, inflammation, fever and/or redness)
- Any unusual symptoms in the pain region
We treat the following...
Elbow, Hand and Wrist
- Carpal tunnel, arthritis, tendonitis and tennis/golfers elbow
Foot and Ankle
- Ankle stabilization, plantar fasciitis, arthritis and tendonitis
Hip and Knee
- Total hip replacement, total and partial knee replacement, arthritis and bursitis
Shoulder, Neck and Spine
- Rotator cuff tears and total and partial shoulder replacement
- ACL reconstruction, meniscus and labral repair, dislocations, ligament tears, sprains and strains