Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists address skills that help individuals be successful in their occupations. Pediatric occupational therapists understand that school, play, and self-care are the "occupations" of childhood. We are dedicated to helping children participate in life to their fullest potential and develop the skills to become functional, independent children.
Your child may benefit from occupational therapy if they:
- Have difficulty using two hands together for tasks
- Have difficulty adjusting to new environments or to sensations such as sounds, touch, or movement
- Spin, rock, or rub objects excessively
- Have difficulty using tools for writing or feeding
- Have poor handwriting
- Have difficulty getting dressed or using buttons, hooks, or fasteners
- Have trouble playing with peers
- Have trouble tolerating the taste or texture of foods or may be a picky eater
- Are not on the same level as their peers in daily childhood activities
St. Claire offers specialized pediatric occupational therapy services including:
How do I get an appointment?
Ask your child's healthcare provider to schedule an appointment with St. Claire Occupational Therapy.