St. Claire Foundation Accepting Scholarship Applications
February 16, 2018
Applications for three college scholarship programs for the 2018 fall semester are now available from the St. Claire Foundation.
The programs include the St. Claire HealthCare Auxiliary Scholarship, the Richard J. Bausch Family Scholarship and Sister Mary Jeannette Wess SND Scholarship.
The St. Claire HealthCare Auxiliary Scholarship assists students with an interest in medicine and a heart for community service, SCH Volunteer Services Director Regina Thompson said.
The award will be worth a minimum of $500, and the application deadline is April 23. To qualify for the scholarship, an individual must:
- Be a high school graduate or a graduating senior in high school and a full-time student enrolled in an accredited medically related program of study (associate or baccalaureate) as of Fall 2018;
- Demonstrate academic achievement (GPA of 3.0 or higher), leadership and community service;
- Have financial need.
Preference will be given to students who are actively volunteering in SCH programs with at least 100 hours of service.
The Richard J. Bausch Family Scholarship is an annual $1,000 award intended to assist a college student from Appalachia who is pursuing a health sciences degree. To qualify, an applicant must be a pre-professional health sciences student enrolled in a community/technical college or university program and a resident of an Appalachian county as defined by the federal government.
To qualify for the $750 Sister Mary Jeannette Wess SND Scholarship, you must:
- Be at least a college junior by Fall Semester 2018;
- Be working on a bachelor’s degree or higher in any degree program at an accredited college or university;
- Have graduated from a high school in one of the following SCH service-area counties: Bath, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Lewis, Magoffin, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Rowan or Wolfe;
- Be able to demonstrate academic achievement, leadership, service and financial need.
The application deadline for the Bausch and Wess scholarships is May 25.
For more information or to request a scholarship application, contact Tom Lewis, St. Claire Foundation Executive Director, at (606) 783-6511 or via email at Thomas.Lewis@st-claire.org. You may also access scholarship applications online at www.st-claire.org/give-back/scholarships.