Ways to Give
As a not-for-profit integrated health system, St. Claire HealthCare depends greatly on gifts from people like you. Whether it’s through monetary donations, gifts-in-kind, or by volunteering your time in service to others, you are making a difference in the lives of patients and their families throughout our service region.
St. Claire HealthCare welcomes gifts-in-kind that benefit our patients. If you are interested in making a gift-in-kind donation, contact the St. Claire Foundation at 606.783.6512 for more information.
Memorial & Honorary Gifts
Memorial gifts are a heartfelt way to commemorate the life of a friend, colleague, loved one, or healthcare provider while also supporting St. Claire HealthCare’s mission. Honorary gifts are a special way to acknowledge milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or special events, or to thank a physician, nurse, or caregiver for exceptional care.
When you make a memorial or honorary gift to St. Claire, we will send a card acknowledging your gift to the person you designate.
No matter the size, your gifts make a difference at St. Claire HealthCare.
Each year, the St. Claire Foundation is able to provide financial resources for new services, medical equipment, continuing education for staff, and improved environments of care thanks to the annual gifts of generous donors like you.
Annual contributions to the St. Claire Greatest Need Fund are unrestricted gifts, meaning they are used where the need is greatest at the time to support St. Claire’s mission to proclaim God's goodness through a healing ministry to the people of Eastern Kentucky.
You may choose for your gift to be restricted to a specific purpose. A number of restricted funds have already been established, including:
Contributions to the St. Claire Care Fund allow us to provide medical care and services for truly indigent families. Many of our friends and neighbors throughout our service region are in desperate need of medical care, yet do not have the means to pay for it. Last year, St. Claire HealthCare provided $10.6 million in charity and uncompensated care, at cost.
Gifts to a St. Claire education fund support scholarship opportunities and community health education programs. Examples of scholarship funds established through the St. Claire Foundation include:
- Mark J. Neff Mission Support Fund: This fund will support projects, programs, or equipment that are integral in continuing St. Claire’s HealthCare’s mission.
- Richard J. Bausch Family Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial assistance for college students from Appalachia who are pursuing a health or medical-related degree.
- Sister Mary Jeannette Wess, SND, Fund: This fund provides assistance for college upperclassmen from St. Claire’s 11-county service region in completing their college degrees.
Gifts to this endowment are used to continually enhance the services St. Claire offers to women and children.
Together, we can improve the lives of those we serve today while ensuring that programs are in place for the healthcare needs of future generations.
Making a major or planned gift to St. Claire HealthCare may be easier than you realize.
You can make a gift of money, property, appreciated stock or insurance to the St. Claire Foundation, or you can establish a charitable gift annuity, which can result in immediate tax benefits while providing you and your designated beneficiary with a steady stream of income for life.
When you meet with your financial advisor to develop your budget or retirement plan, or when consulting with your attorney to design your will, we hope you'll ask them to help you provide a gift to St. Claire to ensure that your children and grandchildren have the quality medical care that you have experienced.
Employer matching gift programs can double or even triple your contribution to St. Claire HealthCare. Check with your employer to see if your gifts to St. Claire qualify, or contact the St. Claire Foundation at 606.783.6512 for more information.
Donate While You Shop
By using services like Amazon Smile and Kroger Community Rewards, you automatically make a donation to St. Claire every time you shop without spending another penny!
When you sign up for Amazon Smile and make a purchase at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will make a donation to St. Claire! (Purchases through amazon.com do not qualify for donation.)
How to Sign Up
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Follow the on-screen directions or go to "Your Account" and select "Change Your Charity."
- Search for your organization (St. Claire Regional) and hit select.
You already know your Plus card earns you big discounts in store and at the pump, but you may not realize your Kroger Plus card can earn big rewards for St. Claire. With your help, St. Claire could earn up to $200,000 a year to improve the lives of our patients and their families. Sign up today for Kroger Community Rewards and encourage your friends and family to do the same!
How to Sign Up
- Go to krogercommunityrewards.com
- Look for “I’m a Customer” and click “View Details.”
- Sign in with your existing Kroger account, or create a new account. (NOTE: You will need your Kroger Plus card when you create a new account.)
- In the “Find an Organization” search box, enter the code TR893 and click “Search.”
- When St. Claire Regional Medical Center pops up, simply click “Enroll.”
- Present your Kroger Plus card each time you shop and Kroger will make a contribution to St. Claire HealthCare!
You can also enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards program by calling 1-800-576-4377 and selecting option #3.
Gifts to the foundation are tax-deductible (to the extent provided for by applicable law).