An annual gift is just that—a sustaining gift made each year. Annual gifts to the St. Claire Foundation may be unrestricted, meaning they are used where the need is greatest at the time, or they may be restricted to a specific purpose designated by you. Memorial and honorary gifts are also appreciated.
Funds that the Foundation has already established for restricted giving include:
- St. Claire Care Fund: To provide medical care and services for truly indigent families. Many area residents are in desperate need of medical care, yet do not have the means to pay for it. St. Claire HealthCare provided $10.6 million in charity and uncompensated care, at cost, last year for the poor in our 11-county service region. These men, women and children are our friends and neighbors, all relying on SCH for basic medical care.
- Education Funds: To fund scholarships and community health education programs. This category includes the Sister Mary Jeannette Wess, SND, Fund to assist college upperclassmen from the SCH service region in completing their college degrees and the Richard J. Bausch Family Scholarship, which aids college students from Appalachia who are pursuing a health or medical-related degree.
- Greatest Need Fund: To serve as a funding source for projects or equipment necessary to continue the mission-based medical services begun in 1963 and to proclaim God's goodness through a healing ministry to the people of Eastern Kentucky.
- Markwell Endowment for Women's and Children's Services: To enhance SCH's services for women and children.
While every gift to the St. Claire Foundation is appreciated, contributions at the following levels are acknowledged in the Foundation's annual report.
- Visionary Provider: $1,000 and above. These givers are also invited to the annual SCH President's Lunch.
- Loyal Provider: $500 to $999.
- Compassionate Provider: $250 to $499.
- Faithful Provider: $100 to $249.
St. Claire Foundation
222 Medical Circle
Morehead, KY 40351